I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but Alexis has figured out how to pedal a bike. By herself. Without help. Did I mention that she doesn't need me to help her? Yeah, so she doesn't need help. Anyway, at first I was all BOOOOOO! Quit growing up! But now I'm starting to see the silver lining on that funky little rain cloud.
Things Alexis can do now that she can ride a tricycle:
1. Run to the grocery store and buy her own damn fruit snacks. I'm bored of that chore.
2. Take herself to daycare in the morning. It's just across the street from our house. It shouldn't take her more than ten minutes to get there, just so long as she's able to make it up the really, really, really steep hill in between here and there. I might actually make it to work on time if I don't have to drop her off.
3. Chase the Bulldog until the pup is soooo tired she passes out in the driveway. That would keep her out of my bed, thereby granting me a few hours of peaceful sleep.
4. Hook herself up to a power generator and pedal her way to earning her keep around here. If she can generate enough electricity to power the TV, I'll consider turning on the Latina Whore a little more often.
5. Ride up the street and befriend the little punk that keeps throwing rocks in our Koi pond. Once she befriends him, Alexis can run his punk butt over with her fancy little tricycle. They won't press charges against a two-year old, especially if the kids were friends.
At least this growing up thing isn't ALL bad.