Rhubarb. Strawberry. We've discussed this before -- I can't get enough. It's not possible.
I've done the Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp thing. Frequently.
The Easy Strawberry Crumb Bars are full of win. Frequently.
I had forgotten about the Rhubarb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, but I plan to fix that. Frequently.
And you can never go wrong with Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Just eat it frequently. That's the trick.
Then I went and thought of a way I could put strawberry and rhubarb in ALL OF THE THINGS. I made a Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce.
If you think the only thing I did with it was to pour it over a little vanilla ice cream, you are wrong. I have found about a dozen ways to make use of that Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce. The best one (and this is TOTALLY related to hockey playoffs and overtime and GAAAAH!) might just be this one.
Say hello to my little friend, the Strawberry Rhubarb Mojito. I don't drink often, but when I do, I go for the gold.
I mean, really.
Yes. Yes, indeed.
Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
1/2 cup chopped rhubarb
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Combine all of the fun stuff in a small saucepan. Boil on medium heat until the rhubarb is soft.
2. Either throw it all in a blender or use a immersion blender to puree it all.
3. Store in the refrigerator. Pour it on pancakes, waffles, ice cream, pound cake, strawberry shortcake, cupcakes, French toast, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, or ... make a little drink with it.
Strawberry Rhubarb Mojito
1 oz white rum
2 oz Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce (less if you like your mojitos a little tart, more if you like them sweet)
6-8 mint leaves
1/2 cup club soda
1. Put the mint in your glass and squish it. Seriously, smash it with a spoon, a fork, whatever. Use up all of your playoff hockey angst and thoroughly bruise that mint.
2. Add the rest of the stuff. Stir.
3. Be happy.